How to install a DLL file in Windows?
* Please make sure to take all precautions before installing the dll file. This includes scanning the file for viruses/malware and backing up you system and files.
We are not responsible for errors. Please read our disclaimer before downloading or installing any file.
Register the DLL file
- To keep things organized, place the .DLL into the same folder as the software executable (.exe).
If you don't know the software location or if this doesn't solve your issue, continue below.
Click on the Start Menu and then on 'Run'. Type CMD and press Enter (or if you use Windows ME, type COMMAND)
Type regsvr32 quartz.Dll and press Enter
# To install the dll files, type: regsvr32 quartz.Dll
# To uninstall the dll files, type: regsvr32 -u quartz.Dll
If the .dll is not in the your system directory , add the file path before the filename.dll .
You should receive a message saying that your file was successfully installed or uninstalled.
Re-start computer or software application.
.DLL install complete
Where are Window DLLs stored?
Windows DLL files are usually stored in the System folder on your Windows computer. The default path to this folder on Windows 7/Vista/XP is c:\windows\system32.
What are the common DLL error messages that you may come across?
- <DLL filename> not found.
- <DLL filename> is missing.
- This application failed to start, an important component: DLLfilename is missing. Reinstalling the application may fix the error.
Why do .dll files cause errors?
Mistakenly Deleting a DLL file
This may happen when a program is uninstalled/installed or you have tried to clean up space on the hard disk.
Overwriting DLL file
A recently application installation sometimes overwrites an existing DLL file with an incompatible or invalid DLL file.
A malicious program has deleted or damaged a DLL file.
DLL file is corrupted or crashed
A bad installation of a program corrupted one or more files causing the .dll errors.
Malfunctioning hardware such as a bad hard disk drive damaged the data on the drive, cuased the .dll file error.
Corrupted DLL entries in the Windows registry